Thursday, July 21, 2011

App Volume and B2B Purchasing

This is good news! Apple has finally put in a system for bulk app store discounts to businesses and educators. Why do I care? As I've mentioned, I am a grad student doing educational research - and my training extends to educational design. I have a few ideas for educational apps already knocking around in my head.

Interestingly, while the volume purchasing for businesses site includes the ability to design/buy custom B2B apps, nothing similar is offered for educators. This is a shame, since I could really see the utility of testing an app in limited classrooms before distributing it widely - exactly as curricula are often tested. Or designing apps for a particular educational setting (say a museum, zoo, or after school program) that would be useless elsewhere. I guess those will just languish in the app store.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment